These Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies are made with rich fudgy brownies, perfectly sweet cheesecake topping swirled with strawberry jam. It is a rich, decadent dessert recipe that is super simple to make!
The combination of fudgy chocolate and tangy cream cheese is a match made in heaven! If you love Cream Cheese Brownies, you will also love these Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies just as much!
These brownies are ultra fudgy and moist, made with layers of rich chocolate brownies, cream cheese, and swirled with strawberry jam for a pop of color and flavor! The slight tang of cream cheese and strawberry jam really compliments that chocolate flavor and makes for a balanced bite.
These brownies are beautiful, tasty, and kind of perfect. It is really easy to throw together and no mixer is needed. Plus, they freeze so perfectly that they are the perfect indulgent treat to keep on hand, especially around the holidays.
- Brownies. Ultra fudgy and moist chocolate brownies made with cocoa powder and melted dark chocolate.
- Cheesecake. Creamy cream cheese layer with slight tanginess to balance the bittersweet brownies.
- Strawberry jam swirls. You can use homemade or store-bought strawberry jam for the swirl. The strawberry jam swirls on top give a beautiful presentation and add contrast tanginess to these brownies.
Blooming Cocoa Powder
If you have baked with cocoa powder much, you may notice a trend calling for the hot liquid to be poured into the cocoa powder before adding it to a recipe. This is the process of blooming the cocoa powder. It makes the cocoa powder dissolves easily and gives a more intense chocolate flavor to the finished baked good. This recipe blooms the cocoa powder in the warm butter and chocolate mixture but you can always dissolve your cocoa powder in a liquid for any baked good recipes too.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper. I recommend doing so so once your brownies have cooled completely, you can simply lift them out of the pan and place them on a cutting board to cut them. This way is much easier and neater than trying to cut directly in the pan.
- Use room temperature cream cheese and eggs. Cold cream cheese could be lumpy so you need to set out the cream cheese a couple of hours before making this recipe. In addition, use room temperature eggs for baking because they blend more evenly in batters.
- Measure the flour correctly. Adding too much flour to your brownies will take away from that nice fudge-like texture. Use a kitchen scale. If you do not have one, then fluff your flour and spoon into your measuring cup, and use a knife to level it off.
- Don’t overbake. If you overbake them, the cream cheese will turn brown and dry out. Start checking about 5 minutes before they are supposed to be done. For brownies, check by inserting a toothpick into the center and it should come out with a few moist crumbs attached. If the toothpick is clean, the brownies are overbaked.
- Cool the brownies completely before serving. Give your brownies ample time to cool for a nicer, cleaner cut. But more importantly, once they set for an hour or two, the flavor will be more developed and taste even better than when they first came out of the oven.
More Brownies Recipes
- Nutella Brownies
- Matcha White Chocolate Brownies
- Brown Butter Fudgy Brownies
- Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- Hojicha Brownie Cookies
More Strawberry Recipe
- Strawberry Sorbet
- Strawberry Panna Cotta
- Japanese Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Cake
- Strawberry Matcha Brownies with White Chocolate