Delicious buttery crisp thumbprint cookies filled with sweet and tangy strawberry jam. These Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies are perfect for the holidays or any occasion!
It is the holiday baking season! I can’t think of a better way to kick it off than with these classic Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies. Buttery delicate cookies filled with melty sweet and tangy strawberry jam. Or you can also fill them with just about any flavor with your favorite jam or spread. The possibilities are endless.
Fill The Jam After Baking The Cookies
I have tried adding the jam before and after baking the cookies. When I baked the cookies with the jam already filled in, the jam seeped into the dough and make the cookies soggy. If you are aiming for crisp cookies all throughout, make sure to add the jam after baking the cookies. Then, bake the filled cookies for another 5-7 minutes to set the jam.
Best Thumbprint Cookies Tips
- Measure the flour correctly. It is so easy to over-measure flour when using cups, causing the cookies to be too hard and cracking when shaped. When measuring the flour for these cookies, make sure to spoon it into the measuring cup and level it off with the back of a knife.
- The dough is too crumbly. After you add the flour to the cookie dough, it will look a little crumbly at first. This is normal. The dough will eventually come together as you continue mixing.
- Don’t use your thumb. I know that these cookies are called thumbprint cookies for a reason. However, I don’t really recommend pressing the cookies down with your thumb. Whenever I press these cookies down with my thumb, the indents usually end up uneven or too big to my liking. Use a tool with a small cylindrical shape instead.
More Cookies Recipes
- Mini Crunchy Matcha White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Zebra-Striped Shortbread Cookies
- Palm Cheese Cookies
- Pandan Gula Melaka Butter Cookies
- Coffee Bean Cookies
- Cheddar Cheese Snowball Cookies