Double Chocolate Butter Cookies are crisp, buttery bittersweet cookies with melty chocolate chips in the middle. They are so simple to make and no chilling is required!
Learn how to make the best chocolate butter cookies. These cookies are crispy, full of chocolate and they melt in your mouth. This recipe is super easy and the cookies are perfect not only for holidays, but they are also great all year round!
And if you feel like chocolate butter cookies are not chocolate enough for you, try adding some chocolate chips in the middle just like in these Double Chocolate Butter Cookies. The contrast between the crispy cookies with the melty chocolate chips is the highlight of these cookies when it comes to both flavor and texture.
- Use room temperature butter. It refers to soft and pliable butter, but still cool to touch. There should be an indent when you press with your finger.
- Measure your flour correctly. Adding too much flour to the recipe is the most common mistake. To best and easiest way to measure flour is by using a scale. If you still insist on using volume measurement, make sure to fluff your flour and spoon it into your measuring cup. Then, use a knife to level it off.
- Add more milk if your dough is too hard. Finding the right consistency of cookie dough is very crucial for butter cookies since you need it to be creamy enough to pipe. I find the recipe ratio is perfect for me, but if your dough is too hard to pipe, try to add a teaspoon of milk to the dough.
- Make small cookies rather than large cookies. If you make your swirls smaller or larger, the cookies will need to bake for less or more time.
- Use a cookie press to shape the cookies. If you are not confident about your piping skill, you can alternatively use a cookie press to shape these cookies.
- Use good quality chocolate chips. I prefer using couverture chocolate chips for real chocolate flavor with smooth and melty texture. I used Callebaut callets for the recipe.
More Cookie Recipes
While you are here, check out also these cookies recipes!
- Pandan Gula Melaka Butter Cookies
- Puff Pastry Palmier Cookies
- Zebra-Striped Shortbread Cookies
- Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
- Coffee Bean Cookies
- Biscoff Butter Cookies