These Cashew Cookies are super easy to make and require no butter. You can easily make the recipe into dairy-free and vegan versions.
With Chinese New Year around the corner, these Cashew Cookies are the perfect addition to the array of treats for this festive season. They are crispy on the outside, tender, and not too sweet with a hint of savory. You will love the nutty taste of toasted cashews in every bite.
They are also very easy to make and require simple ingredients. These cookies are baked with oil instead of butter, they come out delicious and nutty every time.
Ingredients You Need
- Cashews. You need to toast the cashews first before using them in the dough. Toasting cashews will bring out their natural oils so it intensifies the nutty flavor and makes them taste richer and savory. For decorating each cookie, you will need to use raw cashews.
- All-purpose flour. This is the structure of the cookies.
- Confectioners’ sugar. Also known as icing sugar or powdered sugar. It sweetens and gives the cookies a tender texture.
- Milk powder. Add richness. For the dairy-free option, just omit the milk powder.
- Salt. For taste.
- Vanilla extract. To enhance the flavor.
- Vegetable oil. Make sure to use neutral-flavored vegetable oil. Do not use olive oil!
- Egg yolk. Brush the top of the cookie with egg yolk for a golden glossy finish. For the egg-free option, just omit the egg yolk.
How To Make Dairy-Free Cashew Cookies
The only dairy ingredient in this recipe is the milk powder. Therefore, just omit it or change the milk powder to plant-based milk powder for the dairy-free version.
How to Make Vegan Cashew Cookies
To make this recipe vegan, omit the egg wash and the milk powder.
More Cookie Recipes
- Pistachio Snowball Cookies
- Matcha Wreath Cookies
- Double Chocolate Sable Cookies
- Biscoff Stuffed Cookies
- Sable Breton Cookies (French Butter Cookies)