Salmon Rice Balls are a terrific quick-meal to go recipe for anyone who is looking to pack more Omega-3 into every meal to stay strong and healthy.
When it comes to packing a bento, making something quick and easy is the best. But they can’t be merely about convenience. They need to be tasty and nutritious as well.
Salmon Rice Balls are very good as a side dish, main dish, or snack. Let’s talk about rice balls. They are packed into little balls that you can just pop into your mouth and eat in a bite. Although they look simple, they are perfect whenever you need to fill your stomach while also providing good protein.
Ingredients of Salmon Rice Balls
These are the simple ingredients you need to make this recipe.
- Cooked short-medium grain white rice. Make sure to use either short or medium-grain white rice. Both types of rice are stick enough for the rice to stick to each other. If you are using long-grain rice, the rice balls will simply fall apart because the rice is not sticky enough. In addition, use warm rice, not too hot and not too cold. The rice should be sticky and shiny, and slightly cooled.
- Salmon flakes. To make salmon flakes, season a salmon fillet with salt. Cook it in the oven or over a stovetop until fully cooked. Then, shred the meat part finely with a fork. Remove any bones and skin.
- Soy Sauce. Soy sauce is the main seasoning of the rice balls. Make sure not to put too much because it will stain the rice into brown color.
- Sesame oil. I love adding just a little bit of sesame oil into my rice because it gives a nutty and rich flavor and smell, making the rice balls more appetizing. Make sure not to put too much because it will cause the rice to lose its stickiness.
- Toasted black sesame. Add black sesame for extra texture, color, and nutty flavor.
For these rice balls, I use my hand covered with a plastic glove to make the plain round shape. You can also make them in onigiri mold or use a cookie cutter to shape the rice.
More Rice Balls Recipe
Hey, don’t forget to check out these recipes too!