Moist, light, buttery, and citrusy individual Lemon Cube Pound Cakes with sweet and tangy lemon glaze. These mini pound cakes are perfect for breakfast, dessert, or as an afternoon tea snack.
Pound cake is classic and there is only one thing better than one pound cake – several mini pound cakes! You can have your own little dessert that you can eat the whole thing. There is no sharing required!
These Lemon Cube Pound Cakes, while not a traditional pound cake, are moist, dense, smoothly textured cakes with a fine crumb and bursting with fresh lemon flavor. Plus, the easy lemon glaze on top will have you hooked after just one bite. Their small size makes anything look beautiful and adorable. Or you can bake them as a full-sized loaf. If you love lemon desserts, you have got to give Lemon Cube Pound Cakes a try!
I used a cube silicone cake mold for baking this recipe. It has 8 cavities and the size of each cavity is about 2x2x2-inch / 5x5x5 cm. There is no need to grease the mold since silicone is nonstick. In addition, the cakes baked in the silicone mold will slide out easily and effortlessly.
If you don’t have one or not planning to buy the silicone mold, you can either use a cupcake tin or mini bundt cake pan. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to adjust the baking time. If you use a metal pan, don’t forget to butter and flour your pan to prevent sticking.
You can also bake these up in an 8×4-inch loaf pan. Or you can also double the recipe and bake the cake in a big bundt pan. Simply double the bake time to 45-55 minutes. Test whether the cake is done or not by inserting a toothpick or skewer. If it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Have ingredients at room temperature. They mix much more effortlessly into the batter.
- Don’t overmix. Avoid overmixing the batter as it will lead to a tough and rubbery cake.
- Don’t overfill the molds. You should fill them about 75% full as the cakes rise during baking.
- Tap the mold before baking. To make sure there are no gaps between the cake batter and the mold at the base or around the sides. Tapping the mold a few times on the counter before baking also removes any large air pockets that may cause uneven texture in your finished cake.
It’s best to store Lemon Cube Pound Cakes at room temperature with an airtight cover. On average, the cakes will last for 4-5 days when stored properly at room temperature. Don’t refrigerate pound cakes as the texture and the flavor of the cake will have drastically changed after being kept in the refrigerator.
More Lemon Dessert Recipes
- Lemon Madeleines
- Lemon Cranberry Granola
- Roselle Lemonade
- Lemon and Thyme Yogurt Bundt Cake
- Lemon Shortbread Cookies