With a buttery crust, creamy cheesecake filling, and a layer of blueberry and crunchy crumble on top, this Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake is a perfect decadent make-ahead dessert for summer.
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you could not decide between making a cheesecake or a blueberry crumble? This Blueberry Crumble Cheesecake is the perfect answer to this problem! With this simple and easy dessert recipe, you will get two cakes packed in one amazing treat. This is a true crowd-pleaser dessert and great for prepping ahead.
- Digestive biscuit crust. Buttery and crunchy crust made from a mixture of digestive biscuit crumbs and melted butter.
- Cheesecake. Thick, smooth, and creamy cheesecake made with full-fat cream cheese and a little bit of sour cream and lemon juice to lighten it up.
- Blueberries. Fresh or frozen is fine here. If using frozen, do not thaw them or they will bleed everywhere.
- Crumble. Sweet, crunchy, and nutty crumble made from butter, sugar, cake flour, and almond flour.
- Use room temperature ingredients for cheesecake. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing it. If it is still cold, you will likely have little lumps of cream cheese throughout your cheesecake filling and will incorporate too much air trying to beat it.
- Do not overmix. Overmixing incorporates too much air, which makes the cheesecake rise during baking (the way a souffle does), then collapse as it cools. As the cheesecake cools, it contracts, and if the edges remain stuck to the pan, cracks form. Therefore, make sure to keep it low and slow when mixing the batter.
- Chill the cheesecake. It is important to let the cheesecake cool to room temperature slowly and completely. It also needs to chill in the fridge and finish setting up for at least four hours or overnight. This helps the cheesecake set well and the flavor to blend together. If you cut into the cheesecake before chilling, it will have a firm custardy texture. But after chilling, it will transform into that velvety, creamy cheesecake that we all know.
More Cheesecake Recipes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Basque Burnt Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Cake
- New York Cheesecake
- No-Bake Matcha White Chocolate Cheesecake