These easy and quick Crunchy Pistachio Cookies are made with 7 ingredients only! You will love the satisfying crunch you get in every bite!
If you love buttery, snappy crispy, and crunchy cookies more than thick and chewy ones, this Crunchy Pistachio Cookies recipe is perfect for you. Crunchy cookies all throughout with nutty pistachios inside out, they are so irresistible that it is almost impossible to eat just one.
Why You Will Love These Cookies
- Real pistachio flavor. Rich, buttery flavor with sweet nutty pistachios in every bite. No artificial pistachio flavor because we are using real pistachios.
- Crunchy texture. Crispy and crunchy cookies all throughout.
- Ease. This recipe is easy to make and makes a lot of cookies.
Ingredients You Need
- Salted butter. You can substitute salted butter with unsalted butter. Add 1/4 tsp of salt to the recipe for taste.
- Granulated sugar. To provide sweetness, help the cookies spread, as well as give the cookies a crisp exterior.
- Egg. It acts as a binder and holds everything together.
- Vanilla extract. To enhance the flavor.
- Cake flour. Cake flour is a lower-protein flour. It has about 7-9% protein compared to the 10-12% protein in all-purpose flour. Using cake flour will make the cookies crisper, lighter, and more tender. You can also substitute cake flour with all-purpose flour but the cookies will turn a little bit denser.
- Baking powder. For leavening, and to produce a light, fine cookie texture.
- Pistachios. The roasted pistachios help to intensify the pistachio flavor.
The Secret to Making Crispy and Crunchy Cookies
- Cream butter and sugar. You are using the sugar to aerate the butter and fill it with bubbles that can capture the gasses released by your leavener. The more fine bubbles you have in your network, the lighter in texture your cakes will be and the finer the crumb.
- Use less egg. The egg acts as a binder and holds everything together, but too much will cause the cookies to be soft instead of crunchy.
- Use cake flour. Using cake flour will make the cookies crisper, lighter, and more tender.
- Add baking powder. It helps cookies rise and become light and airy.
- Flatten the dough before baking. Thin dough will produce even crisper cookies.
- Low-temperature baking. Baking at a lower temperature allows the cookies to spread before rising so they are even and crispy all around.
More Pistachio Recipes
- Pistachio Snowball Cookies
- Pistachio Madeleines with White Chocolate Shell
- Honey Pistachio Mooncakes