This boozy Coffee Baileys Ice Cream is rich, ultra-creamy, and has a bold coffee and Irish cream liqueur flavor. It is the perfect grown-up ice cream!
If you are a coffee and boozy dessert lover, this Coffee Baileys Ice Cream is the perfect treat for you. With its ultra-creamy, velvety texture, loads of sweet Baileys liqueur flavor, and a strong kick of coffee flavor, every bite of this luscious Irish cream ice cream is pure decadence.
Making ice cream from scratch is easier than you think. It starts with a custard and then churned in an ice cream maker for a smooth creamy dessert.
Using a custard ice cream base makes the ice cream richer and helps create smooth and creamy ice cream. By adding Baileys, the ice cream has a slightly lower freeze point which creates a super creamy and easy-to-scoop homemade ice cream.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Boozy dessert goodness for Baileys lover. You will be able to taste the strong Baileys Irish cream flavor in this recipe. Half a cup of Irish cream is added to the ice cream base to make it possible.
- Bold coffee flavor. This ice cream recipe has a strong kick of coffee.
- Super smooth, scoopable ice cream. Any kind of alcohol lowers the freezing point of ice cream, which makes for a smoother texture because the ice cream doesn’t freeze quite as hard.
- Super rich and creamy. All thanks to the egg yolks in the ice cream base.
Ingredients You Need
- Heavy cream. Choose full-fat heavy cream instead of half and half.
- Whole milk. For the richest flavor, you want to use whole milk. That fat content is important to creating the perfect creamy base,
- Instant coffee. For strong coffee flavor, I like to use instant coffee than real coffee. Both caffeinated and decaffeinated work well.
- Salt. For taste and lower the freezing point.
- Egg yolks. Add richness and stabilize the ice cream.
- Granulated sugar. To sweeten and reduce the freezing point.
- Xanthan gum. It is a stabilizer to enhance the texture and taste of ice cream by adding creaminess.
- Vanilla extract. To enhance the flavor.
- Baileys Irish cream. Baileys is the most popular brand name for Irish cream, but you can also use an Irish cream from other brands.
More Ice Cream Recipes
- Tiramisu Ice Cream Layer Cake
- Baileys Ice Cream
- Bourbon Brown Sugar Ice Cream
- Pandan Coconut Ice Cream
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Cake